At Cross Roads Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy, we take the personal information you disclose to us seriously and work hard to protect your privacy. This is part of our commitment to our patients in compliance with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
When you provide our clinic with personal information, we will:
- Only collect information required for your care and treatment
- Give you access to your own records (there may be a minimal fee for this, and there are exceptions).
- Only share your personal information with other health care professionals or institutions as necessary to provide you with appropriate care.
- Ask your permission to share your personal information for other purposes if required (unless for legal reasons).
- Keep your information safe and secure, and retain or destroy records as required by law.
- Keep accurate records.
Any questions or concerns may be directed to our Privacy Officer, Janet Leung. More information on PIPA may be found at the website for the Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner for BC.