For clients who need more guidance and training to return to fitness and function, we offer Active Rehabilitation or exercise conditioning with our physiotherapists.
Components of the Active Rehab Program
- A thorough assessment is completed upon intake of each new client. The initial assessment will examine your past medical and exercise history, your overall fitness (including strength, balance and flexibility), and your functional limitations/abilities. The goals of active rehab will be established at the first visit. An individualized exercise program will be devised to meet your needs.
- Reassessment occurs midway through the program and upon completion.
- Clients work with the therapist during individual exercise training sessions which incorporate core stabilization, posture correction, cardiovascular conditioning, balance exercises, and strength and flexibility training.
- Preventative education is a part of each session. ; We will educate clients on how to integrate exercise into their daily routine and make healthy lifestyle choices.
Some of the Reasons Clients Seek Active Rehab
- Low back pain and stiffness
- Poor posture and body alignment
- Cardiovascular Conditioning
- Chronic soft tissue injuries, such as following a car accident
- Osteoarthritis, and more!
Anyone can begin active rehab. You may also be referred to active rehab by your primary health care providers including your family doctor, physiotherapist and registered massage therapist, or by your insurance adjuster.