Thank you to our community for your patience!
We are pleased to announce that in-person appointments will resume on May 25, 2020!
We have put measures in place to ensure the safety of patients and staff. Here are some changes you should be aware of:
Health Screen for Staff and Patients
- All staff members will undergo a health screen prior to each shift.
- Patients will be screened by telephone and upon arrival at the clinic. Patients are encouraged to complete BC’s COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool before attending an appointment.
- Patients should not attend and will be rescheduled if they have:
- Travelled outside of B.C. in the past 14 days,
- Been in close contact with anyone presumed to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days, and/or
- Have any symptoms of fever, chills, difficulty breathing, cough, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, unexplained fatigue, new rash, diarrhea or nausea/vomiting
- No late cancellation fees will be incurred by patients who need to reschedule for the above reasons.
- We reserve the right to reschedule your appointment at our discretion if we deem it is not safe to proceed with treatment.
The Check-In Process for Your Appointment
- FACE COVERING IS REQUIRED: All staff and patients must wear a face covering at all times. Please bring your own mask which can be a homemade mask, scarf or bandana as long as it covers your nose and mouth. If you do not bring a mask, we will ask you to reschedule, or we can provide you with a disposable face mask for a small fee.
- ARRIVE ON TIME: The number of people in the waiting room will be limited due to the need for physical distancing. Please arrive on time (within 5 minutes of your booking) and not too early for your appointment. You may be asked to wait outside if the waiting room is at capacity and we will phone you when it is time to enter. Please ensure the phone number and email address you have on file with us is up-to-date. Please come alone as only those with a booked appointment will be allowed inside.
- HAND HYGIENE: Staff will continue to practice excellent hand hygiene throughout their shifts. Patients must use hand sanitizer provided by the clinic for 20 seconds before and after each appointment.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: Please respect the 2 meters/6 feet apart request once inside the clinic, except during treatment.
- ONGOING RIGOROUS CLEANING AND DISINFECTION: Staff will continue to diligently clean and sanitize treatment rooms and equipment between appointments. We have spaced out appointments to allow extra time for thorough sanitization. Staff will increase frequency of cleaning and disinfection of common-touch surfaces such as door handles, faucets and counters at the clinic.
- WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHING: Please wear appropriate clothing for your appointment. For example, bring your own hair tie and your own shorts if it is needed. Please bring your own water bottle as we will be restricting the use of the water dispenser in the clinic gym. Please bring your own resistance bands or purchase them from the clinic if they are needed during treatment. We will not be re-using resistance bands in the clinic gym.
- LIMITED USE OF CLINIC WASHROOM: Please use the washroom in the comfort of your own home before attending your appointment.
Booking Future Appointments
- We would ask that patients carefully consider their individual circumstance and determine if the benefits of receiving in-person treatment outweigh the risks before scheduling an appointment
- Please phone the clinic at 604-568-1337, email us at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or check online to book your appointment (note: some of our therapists do not permit online booking).
- Physiotherapy patients continue to have the option to schedule a telehealth physiotherapy appointment should they prefer this instead of in-person care.
We are committed to continually monitoring and modifying our safety plan as necessary to prioritize everyone’s safety.
We look forwarding to partnering with you to reach your goal of optimum health!