Physiotherapy patients have the option to consult our physiotherapists through secure, end-to-end encrypted virtual appointments.
Some examples of patients who may benefit from a virtual appointment include:
- existing physiotherapy patients who need to be reassessed and prescribed home exercise progressions and self-management techniques, including our ICBC and WorkSafe BC patients
- new patients with acute or chronic injury who wish to be assessed and triaged to determine course of care, including instruction on self-management of symptoms
Are virtual appointments secure and safe to use?
Yes. We are using doxy.me which provides a secure service with end-to-end encryption and fulfills the requirements of the Canadian Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). There will not be a need for you to download any software or open any accounts.
How do I prepare for a virtual physiotherapy appointment?
- access to a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, with enabled camera and microphone
- access to Safari, Chrome or Firefox internet browser
- a private and open space in your home with ample lighting
- wear comfortable clothing suitable for movement and exercise
What is the cost of a virtual physiotherapy appointment?
- 30-minute appointment for physiotherapy patients seeking assessment and guidance for self-management, $90
- Existing ICBC and WorkSafe BC patients will not need to pay; you are fully covered by your claims
- We continue to be able to offer direct billing for virtual appointments for patients with most extended health insurance coverage including Pacific Blue Cross, Canada Life, Sunlife and Manulife.
How do I book a virtual physiotherapy appointment?
- Click into our online booking site and follow prompts to book a Telehealth Physiotherapy Visit
- Or, email us at <firstname.lastname@example.org> requesting an appointment and we will phone or email you with more information
- Once an appointment is booked, we will send a telehealth phyisotherapy treatment consent form to you by email.
If you have more questions, please call us 604-568-1337 or email <email@example.com>.