Physiotherapy patients have the option to consult our physiotherapists through secure, end-to-end encrypted virtual appointments if they do not wish to receive in-person care due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some examples of patients who may benefit from a virtual appointment include:
- existing physiotherapy patients who need to be reassessed and prescribed home exercise progressions and self-management techniques, including our ICBC and WorkSafe BC patients
- new patients with acute or chronic injury who wish to be assessed and triaged to determine course of care, including instruction on self-management of symptoms
Are virtual appointments secure and safe to use?
Yes. We are using doxy.me which provides a secure service with end-to-end encryption and fulfills the requirements of the Canadian Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). There will not be a need for you to download any software or open any accounts.
How do I prepare for a virtual physiotherapy appointment?
- access to a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, with enabled camera and microphone
- access to Safari, Chrome or Firefox internet browser
- a private and open space in your home with ample lighting
- wear comfortable clothing suitable for movement and exercise
What is the cost of a virtual physiotherapy appointment?
- 30-minute appointment for existing physiotherapy patients, $70
- 15-minute appointment for existing physiotherapy patients seeking a shorter follow-up, $35
- 45-minute appointment for new physiotherapy patients seeking assessment and guidance for self-management, $80
- Existing ICBC and WorkSafe BC patients will not need to pay; you are fully covered by your claims
- We continue to be able to offer direct billing for virtual appointments for patients with extended health insurance coverage through Canada Life, Sunlife, Manulife, Chambers of Commerce, and for returning patients with coverage through Pacific Blue Cross. At this time Green Shield Canada is not permitting direct billing for virtual appointments.
How do I book a virtual physiotherapy appointment?
- Click into our online booking site and follow prompts to book a Telehealth Physiotherapy Visit
- Or, email us at <email@example.com> requesting an appointment and we will phone or email you with more information
- Once an appointment is booked, we will send a telehealth phyisotherapy treatment consent form to you by email.
If you have more questions, please leave a message at 604-568-1337 or email <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Please stay safe and we will get through this together!